The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) is pleased to announce the completion of full reconstruction of Reno Road, Northwest from Nebraska Avenue to Military Road.
The road was re-opened today in both directions from Nebraska Avenue to Military Road.
"We're thrilled to announce the completion of this exciting project," said Emeka Moneme, Director of DDOT. "I appreciate the patience of residents and motorists during this full reconstruction. Reno Road is open and it looks fantastic."
Reno Road from Nebraska Avenue to Military Road was completely reconstructed featuring:
* New roadway base and new asphalt surface
* New granite curbs and gutters
* Driveway aprons and wheelchair ramps
* New sidewalks
* Upgrading of stormwater drainage - including new catch basins and stormwater lines
* Upgrading streetlights and traffic signals
Total cost of the project was approximately $3.2 million using a combination of federal and local funds.